Badges are coming! Are you ready? Here’s some great things you can do to prepare for the internet battle of a lifetime (well, not really, but it’s not easy!)
- Badges are always announced via Twitter through the new @PAX_Badges account. Set your notifications to “Wake me up from the dead” for Twitter and hit the little bell icon to get that notification as soon as possible! Fortunately, you won’t have to worry about it on weekends, as it practically takes an army to turn on the badge sales!
- Not a fan of Twitter? No worries! If you spend your time on the internet during the day, there are nifty Chrome extensions you can install to get notified of badges just as fast as you could by following the Twitter account! A recommendation our server has used has been the PAX Ticket Site Auto Launcher extension. You can even send a text to 40404 to “Follow @PAX_Badges” for notifications!
- Set aside the money! Be prepared to spend $200+ on badges. If you’re buying for some friends, have them pay you before-hand. You just don’t want to get caught with a declining card on the big day!
- Speaking of money, you’ll be a pretty big spender on the day of release, so make sure you check with your bank beforehand and let them know you’ll be dropping a solid amount of money in the coming weeks. This will help avoid the complication of being declined while buying badges!
- Be ready wherever you are. Have the PAX West site pulled up in the background, ready to be refreshed once badges go live. Have it bookmarked on your phone. You never know when those badges could become available, and you need to be ready! The tweet will usually go out with a link to the tickets, so you can also go that way, but why wait for Twitter to load the tweet, when you can hop into your mobile browser and hit one button!
Once you’ve reached the website, you’ll be in the queue line online: It’s like the real line, but no one to talk to while you wait. The online queue is a first-come/first-serve where anyone ahead of you will be buying badges first until it reaches you. Make sure to have your card out and ready (or saved in your autofill of choice) so you can proceed as smoothly as possible. Once you’ve got all the info down, you’re all set! You can breathe easy knowing you’ve successfully secured your set of passes, and don’t forget to grab some of that sweet post-badge merch: like a blanket, die, or socks! Don’t forget to also take a look at OnPeak if you need a hotel. Penny Arcade discusses a deal to get lower priced hotel rooms near the convention so people traveling can find a good price for a hotel. But don’t worry, if you don’t know what your visiting situation will be like, you can also return later to book. Be warned: hotels book fast after badges go on sale, so you’ll want to make sure you arrange something quickly!
Good luck to everyone ready and waiting for passes, and hopefully we’ll see you all in Seattle!
Owner of the PAX Community Discord and all around video game nerd. Pokemon Master (in-training), to be the best he ever was. Junkrat main!